Unity is a popular and powerful game development environment for macOS. Unity 2017 introduces new features that help teams of artists and developers build experiences together. Powerful new tools, such as Timeline and Cinemachine, empower artists to create cinematic content and gameplay sequences without the need of an engineer. Creators can now spend more time doing, less time queueing.
A all-in-one-editor which you can extend to match your production workflow
The Unity Editor includes multiple tools out in-on-editor of the box to support rapid editing and iteration in your development cycles with Unity’s instant play mode.
- All-in-one editor: Available on Windows and Mac, it includes a range of both artist friendly tools for designing immersive experiences and game world as well as strong suite of developer tools for implementing game logic and high end performing gameplay.
- 2D & 3D: Unity supports both 2D and 3D development with specific features and functionality for your specific needs across genres.
- AI pathfinding tools: Unity includes a navigation system that allows you to create NPCs that can intelligently move around the game world, using navigation meshes that are created automatically from your Scene geometry or even dynamic obstacles to alter the navigation of the characters at runtime.
- UI: Builtin system which allows you to create user interfaces fast and intuitively.
- Physics: Box2D physics and NVIDIA PhysX physics engine for industry leading and high performance gameplay.
- Custom tools: You can extend the Editor with whatever tools you need to match your team’s workflow creating your customized extensions or find what you need on our Asset Store marketplace with thousands of resources, tools and extensions to speed up your projects.