MarsEdit is a powerful desktop blog editor for macOS. It allows you to write, preview and publish your blog.
Browser-based interfaces are slow, clumsy, and require you to be connected to the internet just to use them. Browsers are perfect for reading web content, but not so great for creating it. If you’re serious about your blog, you need a desktop blog editor. If you’re lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
Rich And HTML
Text Editing Whether you love HTML or can’t bear the sight of it, MarsEdit’s editor will thrill you. If you prefer the best of both worlds, you can switch easily between the two.
Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and any blog that supports a standard MetaWeblog or AtomPub interface.
Build a template to match your blog, then let MarsEdit’s live preview show you how your posts will look before you publish them. Use Markdown? MarsEdit will preview that, too.
Your Editor Or Ours
Combine the power of MarsEdit with your favorite editor. Integrates cleanly with BBEdit, TextMate, WriteRoom, TextWrangler, or any editor that supports the ODBEditor suite.
This update includes bug fixes and refinements that I’ve made in response to feedback from customers since MarsEdit 4.0 was released in December.
- Fix a bug that prevented automatic preview template download from some Blogger blogs
- Add accessibility description to the buttons for adding and removing Custom Fields
- Detect and convey more useful error message for “Obfuscated ID” Blogger image upload failures
- Protect against a possible crash when handling Tumblr API errors
- Incorporate support for Lightroom 7 into the Media Manager
- Rich Editor fixes:
- Restore Cmd-Shift-C keyboard shortcut to open Color Panel
- Fix a bug where the “More” tag in a post with Unicode characters could get stripped out
- Improvements to cursor navigation of images and text with links
Please consider leaving a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot!
Any questions or concerns about the app? Feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.